Monday, May 10, 2010

A German Landscape: Interpretation

I chose the following picture as the inspiration for forming my initial landscape.
From this, I took features of the land instead of just trying to copy it. For example, I noticed that the valley was continually rising to the right. I also noticed that you can't see to far beyond the left of the image, meaning anything could be happening. Even so, I gathered that the terrain would slowly become flatter and flatter as that is what the overall slope suggests. I also wanted to create a terrain that highlighted the colder Germany. In other words, I made the environment Winter. Even though it is early stages in the design yet, I have an idea of how the cold climate will help aid in the transmission of the idea of power. This is what I ultimately came to.
I am toying with a few ideas in my mind with this landscape. The inclusion of the river makes for an interesting dip to perhaps build my bridge over. Even so, I am unsure about this. Furthermore, I am not sure whether to make this more of an urban environment or a heavily vegetated one. Either way, I need to find the appropriate brushes to convey these two different landscape features.

No comments:

Post a Comment