Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A video, a developed model and the artists works...

I really like the previous idea, so I decided to develop it a little further, more namely in the area of rendering.
After experimenting with the "X Ray" view on sketchup, I had the idea of making the entire structure glass. This eventually formed into the idea of coloured glass. From here, I hypothesised that if there were different colours of glass, as the sun shone through them, the colours would mix and create a fuller spectrum. As my upper storey has three bubbles attached to it, I decided to make each bubble a different primary colour. Since there are many different angles and overlapping areas, I figured this would be the best way to create a complete spectrum of colour.
This lead me to think of the idea of transparency, and it was this idea that I searched in youtube to find an interesting video. I found a video on Transparent Cement, which is a cement that is almost as strong as the real deal, but it can let light through it. In certain lights, it looks completely opaque, but when you hold it up to light it seems porous.

The next few images are of the respective artists studio spaces with their artwork in them. You can just start to see the different rendering I have used throughout.



This brings me to my developed sketchup model.


No comments:

Post a Comment